Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lots of Driving, No Cashing

Traveled to Killarney on Friday for the Cues Clubs 10th anaverasry tournament. This was a €250 buy in , 108 runners and a structure to rival the WSOP main event. As ever Connie was a wonderful host catering for the players every need.

I exited the tournament in the last level on day one. Picked up AA in the BB and played it well to get an opponents stack in on the turn drawing to five outs, however him hitting one of those outs wasnt in the plan. Got my remaining chips in with top pair on the flop against a flush draw and lost.

Enjoyed a few beers on Friday night and played the €150 on Saturday. I started well in this but a few misplaced flop 3-bets saw me out early enough in this one also. Congrats to Connie on ten years and may there be many more, the club is one of the best in the country and I've always loved playing there.

Sunday morning set off on the long drive to Moy Vally where the hugely successful Brucepoker pub league finals weekend was in progress. It was imperative to me that i didn't exit the €150 game early after the four hour drive to get there. In the end I made the last four tables before I was crippled in a 2x average race AJ v 88. I really enjoyed the game and Bruce's put on a fabulous weekend by all accounts. Big congrats to Anto O Callaghan on taking the main title and to everyone who cashed over the weekend. The Brucepoker live tour goes from strength and the next games are in Castlebar on the 15th I think and Friday 22nd May Crowne Plaza Dundalk - Friday 29th May Glenroyal Hotel Maynooth.