Wednesday, May 6, 2009

JP Masters time

This weekend see the second running of the JPmasters. For me there isn't a better tournament organiser in the country then JP, Brucepoker come on board this year as sponsors of the event. The masters main event is a €750 buy in ( inc reg ) boasts a 15k starting stack, one hour clock for the first 10 levels and 90 minutes there after. I bubbled the final table of this tournament last year and hope I can run deep again. The €100,000 guarantee insured by Bruce's should be met easily; full schedule of the festival can be found here. This was one of the top tournaments in Ireland last year and I think it will be surpassed this year, I'd expect somwhere around 220 runners.

Myself and Pat booked Vegas during the week. Flying out 1th July unti lthe 15th. Basically I'm just focusing on the main event. The last time I was there I had played a load of events leading up to the ME and tbh it just became another tournament. It's every poker players dream to run deep in this one and I'm no different, hopefully the planets are allinged for me the first two weeks in July.

On the local front the Olympus club is going from strenght to strenght. The lads are running a festival in mid July and I said I'd give a bit of a hand permoting it. The main event is a €400+40 buy in and is capped at 100 runners for comfort, this will fill easily. Details.