Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Moving On

My Sponsorship deal with Brucepoker finished a couple of weeks ago. I had a great year with them and feel I added value for the monies I received. I would like to thank them for the sponsorship and wish Bruces and especially 'head of poker' my good mate, Paul Smallwood, every success in the future.

Haven't been playing much the last couple of weeks. I did play event 28 of the WCOOP on stars. This was a $1050 entry two day game with a 3 million guarantee. I felt I played very well on day one without getting much ammunition in the way of starting hands and managed to reach day two with a near average stack. 176 Players of the 3268 entrants started back tonight; unfortunately I couldn't catch a break eventually going out when my A6 was out raced by QK in a 40 BB pot.

Sick sick structure but you would really expect to be deeper then 87th after playing for 14 hours in an online tournament. I swapped a few % with three people, two of whom, ( Dara and Derek ) went deep in the money also but like me had no luck when it mattered. I satted in for $82 so guess I should be happy with the$4900 but the half million for first would definitely of come in handy.