Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Boring

Really not much to post about. Played twice live since my last post, both small local games. The monthly game at Olympus where I never got going and winning an €80 buy in for a grand on my first visit to the skyline club in Clonmel yesterday. Smashing little spot there if anyone gets the chance to visit.

My most enjoyable games in the last two months have been a local pub game where I meet up with two of my brothers on a Wednesday. The great thing about this one is the lock in with ashtrays out at 11. I've always loved a good pub game and this one is the best in Waterford since the legendary nineteen game back in 2006.

I haven't had a bet in about ten days which is for the best. Went a bit nuts for about a week after the winter festival ( was definitely tilting after that tournament ). Did some serious damage but took a pull just in time. History generally repeats itself with my punting. I can go for months betting astutely using a good bankroll/staking plan and then boom all hell breaks loose. I end up doing my stones wagering way bigger then normal on basically anything without rhyme nor reason. A particularly sickener was having a grand on Mickelson to win in Singapore and not backing him the following week when he wins in Shanghai.

The only upside to this is I'll probably have to start playing online soon out of total boredom. Really missing the old game of golf. Spent the week railing Isildur on full tilt. Interesting stuff and the Pill Babb angle is hilarious although I'm unsure if its healthy for a 40 year old to be trolling 2+2 as much as I have been on that.

Probably not going to bother with the Fitz festival this week. I've never played it as card room festivals in the capital just don't appeal. The Macau festival is on the week after, was a little disappointed to see the buy in reduced from €1100 to €550 but I guess its a sign of the times, should be a good festival as ever eitherway.