Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jackpot

Played the €100 charity event in the jackpot Friday night. Myself and Pat were back in Waterford by 4am but had a good night and enjoyed the game. Padraig made a stirring speech at the start of the event including a stipulation that this one wasn't to be won by a Waterford player; he was right but we will be fighting harder to keep the main Simon title next year. I went out in a 4 way all in holding 99 and being instrumental in talking the other three callers into doing so. I remember one funny spot where a chap bet 1900 into about a 5k pot on the turn and I pushed for 4200 with an open ender but holding 45 for 5 high and he folded.

I head to Mullingar Friday for the Brucepoker live tour, these have been a great success so far and I'd expect a great turnout again. I haven't featured in the previous two events but I'll be bringing my A-game to Mullingar as I think its time I did something in one of these.

Finally super stuff by Martin Silke on taking down the GUKPT London. Martin is a regular at all the festivals in Ireland and I was delighted to see him get such a magic results; one for the good guys.