Tuesday, March 3, 2009

North & South

Went to Cork for the €250+25 Macau monthly on Friday night. I have an abysmal record in this tournament over the last two years. In fact I don't think I made past level six in that period. I did make it past level six and played very well but ran kings into aces for the chip lead with about 30 players left Friday. There was a great turnout of 84 players and this tournament goes from strength to strenght.

Another great turnout for the first event in the Brucepoker live tour on Sunday. 144 starters for the €100+€50 rebuy/topup event. While I played well in Cork I played horribly in Dundalk. Its a long spin for me and more time was spent driving to and home then playing poker but the lads put on a super game and should take a lot of credit for running such a great tournament at there first attempt.

The IPC has one more episode of the eight to go and was very enjoyable so far. Mister Big C O'Leary said some very nice things of me on Sundays show. In general I got loads of air time and all the commentators were very complimentary over the last seven weeks. Big thanks to the commentary team and production company for sticking my bulb on the show as much as they did. That may sound a bit presumptuous but its important as a sponsored player that I get myself featured when Irish poker is shown on TV here.

I did a fair few quid on the world matchplay last week even though I had a decent bet on eventual winner, Geoff Ogilvy before the semi final. 18 hole matchplay probably isn't the greatest medium to be punting on and I should know better but when Garcia fucked away a two stroke lead with three to play in his first round match, I was well stuck as I was on him in a number of markets and I went chasing; silly boy. Anybody who punts golf regularly will know how frustrating it can get following that man but I think he will win this week so I'm going in again, maybe I need my head examined.

Boards.ie has been great over the last few weeks, I think its probably the time of year where poker is most in vogue but no doubting that the forum is back to its best ATM.