Monday, October 22, 2007

Playing well/ Ceasars palace EPT sat

I hope I don't put the blink on myself but for the first time in over a year I feel I'm playing well Live. I cant really put my finger on it but know that for some reason I'm really on top of my game ATM. I haven't been on any great run of results or anything but in conversation with Danny the other night I told him that I feel I'm playing the best poker of my life. It just seems I'm seeing every thing at the tables and hopefully I can turn my play into another big result before the end of the year.

I can honestly say that for about 15 months I haven't been happy with my game and up to a month ago wasn't even enjoying playing since I had returned from Vegas. For some reason in the last month my enthusiasm for the game has returned.

Played the ETP sat in New Ross but unfortunately only 22 runners for the €300+20 game so not enough for a ticket. In fairness Seamus offered to make up the difference for the ticket before the final table started but some of the players wanted to just play for the money on a normal payout structure. I wanted to play for the ticket obviously but some of the players had satted in and the money on offer was decent so I cant really blame them. One prize events are basically heartache most of the time. Anyhow there was a four way split for €1500 each which I didn't mind doing as it was = to the 2nd place money and I had a splitting headache and the cards had just seemed to be starting to run against me.